Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I take part in this course if I don’t have a menstrual cycle?
Yes, this course will have great benefits for anyone who is not cycling for any reason, including hysterectomy, pregnancy, breastfeeding, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and menopause (more about that below), as well as those menstruators who don't specifically identify as woman. We are all participators in this menstruality consciousness, regardless.
2. I am post-menopausal - will this course be beneficial for me?
Yes. Alexandra will be weaving in wisdom about the great initiation that is menopause, and how this cyclical wisdom can support women who are in that phase of life. The work will support you to repair the energetics of your power process even as you no longer have a menstrual cycle. And bring you to an even greater sense of coherence and alignment with yourself and your expression of your power in the world.
3. I have very painful periods and I find it hard to see anything positive about them - will this course be good for me?
Yes - a very emphatic yes! Sjanie and Alexandra have devoted three decades of their lives to supporting women on this path - they have many resources for women who experience the pain, sickness and other debilitating symptoms that can come with menstruation. This work began with Alexandra's personal journey to heal her own debilitating menstrual symptoms. In many ways menstrual suffering is directly connected to not knowing about or being supported to experience the power of our menstrual cycle. And restoring this knowledge is the foundational remedy upon which all other remedies rest.
4. I’ve never tracked my cycle before - should I attend this course?
Yes. How wonderful you are at the beginning of an exciting journey. So grab a menstrual chart and get going. The course will gently you hold you as you make your first forays into this powerful world of menstruality.
5. I’m currently on the pill - is this course for me?
Yes. If you on the pill or other hormonal contraception your menstrual cycle will have been shut down however you can still participate in the course working with your pill induced cycle, or if you’ve had the injection or have an implant, work with the lunar phases.
6. When will the course take place?
- We’ll meet weekly from 16th Feb to 30th March, every Tuesday at alternating times to accommodate different time zones
- The calls will be 1.5 hrs long.
- You can use The Time Zone Converter if you need to check the timings for your country.